I’m excited to share this simple and delicious recipe that my sweet friends The Young’s gave me. Introducing BLD Turkey Patties! I jokingly call them BLD, because you will find yourself eating them cold in the car for a fast breakfast, warming them up with spinach for a nutritious lunch, and eating them for dinner with sliced avocado and roasted veggies. Even my kids love them! Best of all you can make a huge batch and freeze the patties that you intend to save for another week.
- 1.5 lbs of ground turkey meat
- 1/2 of a large white onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 3 Tablespoons of Braags Liquid Amino Acids
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat your grill to 375 degrees F
- On medium heat, warm up a pan with the coconut oil. Once hot add in chopped onions and garlic. Saute for about 3 minutes. Stirring so the onions and garlic don’t burn.
- Add raw ground turkey meat to a large mixing bowl. Add in the liquid aminos, chopped spinach, coconut oil mixture and desired salt/pepper. Mix with your hands to fully incorporate all the ingredients.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and begin shaping your patties with your hands. ***Remember portion size here! The patties should be about the size of your palm and about as thick as a deck of cards. Women get one palm sized patty, and men get two palm sized patties.
- Spray coconut oil on your grill and place your patties on. Grill for about 4-5 mins per side. Cool and enjoy!